Retirement InSight and Trends is the quarterly newsletter from the Retirement Resource Center that helps committed professionals with the practical application of new concepts in the field of retirement planning and income management.
The articles below comprise this retirement-specific newsletter. Click on the links below to read each article online separately, or click here to view and print the issue in its entirety.
- “Redefining the Optimal Retirement Income Strategy” by David M. Blanchett, PhD, CFA, CFP®, Head of Retirement Research, PGIM DC Solutions. Today’s topic is one of the things that I have been researching for over a decade.
- “Aging and the Impact of Cognitive Impairment on Retirement: How to Detect it and What to Do for Your Clients” by Quinn Kennedy, PhD, Director of Aging Research at neuroFIT. I became interested in the topic of how cognitive impairment can affect retirement savings and vulnerability to financial exploitation after a relative, who had always been very, very sharp with their finances, not only did they start showing signs of cognitive impairment, but also around this time they overdrew from their bank account, not just once, but twice in the space of a couple of weeks.
- “AI in Action: Exploring the Use of ChatGPT in Retirement Planning'” by Eric T. Ludwig, PhD, CFP®, Assistant Professor, Retirement Income, RICP® Program Director Executive Director, Center for Retirement Income. The retirement planning landscape is rapidly evolving with the advent of AI technologies. While these tools, like ChatGPT, offer promising enhancements in client communication and operational efficiency, they also present challenges in integration and understanding.
This issue is worth one free CRC®, CFP®, CRPC®, ASPPA, and the American College’s Professional Recertification Program (CLU®, ChFC®, CASL) CE credit upon reading all the articles and successfully completing the online quiz. An email will be sent to you and the Retirement Resource Center upon successful completion (score of 70% or more) of the CE exam.
Click here for the Continuing Education Exam that corresponds to this issue. Click here to see other free issues that you may read. Recent issues are eligible for CRC®, CFP®, CRPC®, ASPPA, the American College’s Professional Recertification Program (CLU®, ChFC®, CASL) and other CE credit when you pass the online exam.
To report CE:
- Your score will automatically be sent to the Retirement Resource Center to report your CRC® credit to InFRE and/or CFP® credit to the CFP Board.
- You are responsible for reporting your CE hours for CRPC®, ASPPA recertification and the American College\’s Professional Recertification Program (CLU®, ChFC®, CASL).
Looking for additional CE opportunities? Visit the continuing education section of the Retirement Resource Center store to find hundreds of additional professional development and continuing education options by leading experts, the way you want to learn, at the level that\’s right for you.