Retirement InSight and Trends is the quarterly newsletter from the Retirement Resource Center that helps committed professionals with the practical application of new concepts in the field of retirement readiness, counseling, planning and income management.
The articles below comprise this retirement-specific newsletter. Click on the links below to read each article online separately, or click here to view and print the issue in its entirety.
- “SECURE Act’s Definitive Roadmap to Distribution Options for Inherited IRAs” by Denise Appleby, MJ, CISP, CRC®, CRPS, CRSP, APA, Founder and Owner of Appleby Retirement Consulting, Inc. The SECURE Acts 1.0 and 2 (Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement) are why we are here today because it does get complicated.
- “Retirement Income Using Charitable Strategies” by Tiffany T. House, CAP®, CEPA, FCEP, Gift Planning Institute, Tax & Estate Strategy. Advisors, it is so vital to have charitable conversations with your clients. There are many reasons why. First, it offers us the ability to connect on a deeper level.
- “Women Vulnerable in Retirement: Housing Wealth Solutions” by Shelley Giordano, MA,Enterprise Integration Mutual of Omaha Mortgage,Founder Academy Home Equity Financial Planning. The press has widely publicized that about 70% of women flat-out fire their advisors once divorced or widowed. Here are some reasons they give for being dissatisfied with their advisors.
This issue is worth one free CRC®, CFP®, CRPC®, ®ASPPA, and the American College’s Professional Recertification Program (CLU®, ChFC®, CASL) CE credit upon reading all the articles and successfully completing the online quiz. An email will be sent to you and the Retirement Resource Center upon successful completion (score of 70% or more) of the CE exam.
Click here for the Continuing Education Exam that corresponds to this issue. Click here to see other free issues that you may read. Recent issues are eligible for CRC®, CFP®, CRPC®, ASPPA, the American College’s Professional Recertification Program (CLU®, ChFC®, CASL) and other CE credit when you pass the online exam.
To report CE:
- Your score will automatically be sent to the Retirement Resource Center to report your CRC® credit to InFRE and/or CFP® credit to the CFP Board.
- You are responsible for reporting your CE hours for CRPC®, ASPPA recertification and the American College’s Professional Recertification Program (CLU®, ChFC®, CASL).
Looking for additional CE opportunities? Visit the continuing education section of the Retirement Resource Center store to find hundreds of additional professional development and continuing education options by leading experts, the way you want to learn, at the level that’s right for you.